This video runs through each of the workouts included in this circuit quickly in order to give you an understanding of each movement.
- Complete each movement as quickly as possible
- Move immediately onto the next movement
- Once you have completed all 7 booty exercises in each round rest for 2 minutes, then repeat until you have complete each round.
- 10 Glute Bridges
- 10 Hip Thrusts
- 10 Reverse Lunges, per leg
- 30 Triple Side Steps, per leg
- 10 Sumo Squats
- 10 Donkey Kickbacks, per leg
- 10 Thrusters
Step-By-Step Each Movement:
Below provides the steps of each movement as well as modifications:
1. GLUTE BRIDGE:
- Lie on the floor with your face up, your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your butt and press into your heels to raise your hips off the floor, pushing until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in this position for a second, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
That is one rep. Complete the number of recommended reps.
2. HIP THRUSTS:
- Sit on the floor with a dumbbell placed on your lower abdomen and your shoulders blades against a bench or chair.
- Keeping your chin tucked in, back straight, and corer tight, push up through your hips to lift your butt off the floor.
- Clench your glutes at the top. Your shoulders, hips and knees should in be in a straight line.
- Lower back down in a slow, controlled movement.
That is one hip thrust. Complete the number of recommended reps.
3. REVERSE LUNGE:
- Stand up straight with your hands on your hips or with dumbbells in your hands hanging down at your sides.
- Take a large step backwards with your left foot.
- Lowering your hips so that your right thigh is parallel to the floor with your right knee positioned directly over your ankle and not over the forward foot or toe.
- Straighten your legs bringing the back-left foot forward.
That is Reverse Lunge. Now alternating legs, step backward with your right foot and complete the same steps on the other side. Each step backward counting as one rep/step.
4. Triple SIDE STEPS:
- Place fitness band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Slightly bend your knees and bend forward at the hips about 20-degrees, this is the starting position.
- With your right footstep out to the side and plant your foot fully on the ground, then bring your right foot back to the starting position.
- Then using the right foot step backward diagonally, plant your foot completely then bring it back to your starting position.
- Then using your right footstep backwards and plant your foot completely, then bring it back to the starting position.
Those three steps are one Side Step. Do those three steps the number of recommended reps on the right side, then switch and do the same thing with your left leg.
5. SUMO SQUAT:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand in front of your hips.
- Standing a wide stance with your feel just outside shoulder-width.
- Push your hips back and squat down, keeping your chest up and knees out.
- Bring the weights down to the floor in between your legs.
- Then stand back up to the starting position, pushing out with your knees.
That is one Sumo Squat. Complete the number of recommended reps.
6. DONKEY KICKBACKS:
- Get down on all fours and position your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. If using a fitness band, place the band around your lower thighs just above your knee.
- Kick back with your right leg, keeping your foot flexed and squeeze the glutes.
- Lower the leg.
That is one Donkey Kickbacks. Repeat on the same side until you have finished all of the reps, then switch sides and do it again. Complete the number of recommended reps
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells just above your shoulders or resting them on your shoulders
- Your palms should be facing each other, and your elbows should be slightly in front on your body.
- Engage your core and slowly lower your body into a deep squat position.
- Keeping your core engaged press through your heels and push out with your knees to explode up to the standing position, at the same time bringing your elbows up as quickly as possible raising your arms and dumbbells above your head.
- Bring the dumbbells back down to your shoulders.
That is one Thrusters. Complete the number of recommended reps.