Apple Carrot Sunshine Muffins
- 2½ cups Whole Grain Oat Flour (about 295 grams)
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar (about 70 grams)
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar (about 50 grams)
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Apple shredded (about 230 grams)
- 2 Carrots large, peeled and shredded (about 250 grams)
- ½ cup Shaved Almonds (about 85 grams)
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries (about 100 grams)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare muffin tins, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Next, add your shredded carrot, apple and all the juice from the shredded apple, cranberries, and shaved almonds. Stir until well combined.
- Finally add your eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir until evenly incorporated. You should have a thick wet muffin batter.
- Scoop about ¼ cup muffin batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes. Until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Muffins, perfect as a snack or as breakfast on a busy morning! These Apple Carrot Sunshine Muffins are guaranteed to brighten your day. Light and fluffy, sweet, and savory, you might end up eating more than one!
When it comes to baking or similar, it can be hard to adjust the macros. The adjustments you can make to these muffins would not affect the macros much. However, you could choose to make a few substitutions to this recipe:
Cranberries: You could use raisins, cherries, or really any dried fruit you wish.
Almonds: Any nut will work.
Protein Boost: You could reduce the flour by 1/2 cup and replace it with a 1/2 cup of unflavored or vanilla flavor protein powder.
Yes. This is a great snack for meal prepping, they will last for about 6 days at room temperature. In the fridge for up to 14 days.
Yes. You can freeze these muffins for up to 6 months in an airtight container. Defrost overnight.
These muffins taste AMAZING reheated for about 20 seconds.