The big question, Are you Eating Enough Fruit?
If you are eating 3 - 5 servings of fruits per day then you may be eating enough fruit. But what does 1 serving of fruit look like?
1 Serving of Fruit is about 1 cup
Therefore you need between: 3 – 5 cups of Fruits per day.
WHY ARE FRUITS IMPORTANT?
Many people think that fruit has too much sugar and should be avoided. However, fruit has powerful micronutrients and essential vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function properly.
Fruit, Superfoods, and Superfood Powders give your body a broad spectrum of nutrients and antioxidants that help to fortify your body's defense system so that it can protect you from the environment, the contaminants in the air, the water, and potentially food that you eat.
These nutrients also help to defend your body against the stress that strenuous workouts, can have on your body. The antioxidants can also help slow aging and reduce the risk of disease.
To get the Benefits of Fruits, you have to eat a wide variety of fruits every day!
Eating whole fruit promotes good health and can lower the risk of serious diseases. However, getting a wide variety of fruits in your diet can be difficult.
- Maybe you are away from your kitchen and don't have access to them throughout the day.
- Getting a wide variety can be expensive due to the amount you have to buy
- Fruit can go bad quickly, and you don't want to waste food
I have experienced all of those things, specifically in trying to get a wide variety and seeing them go bad before I have eaten them. I hate wasting food. This is why I want to share with you the 2 things that have helped me and I think will also help you.
- Freezing fruits that can be frozen. Berries are great frozen. You can eat them by the handful frozen, add them to a smoothie, and top your favorite cereal, yogurt, or overnight oats.
- Incorporate a Red Superfood Powder into your diet. A powder has a long shelf life and is easily accessible, you can add it to your water just about anywhere.
What Red Superfood Powder do I recommend?
Why do I like a Red Superfood Powder like Opti-Reds?
- They are convenient, you can add the powder to your drink just about anywhere
- You don't have to worry about the powder going bad
- It is an easy way to ensure you are getting a WIDE VARIETY of fruits every day because the formula is created with a variety of fruits
- They are loaded with powerful antioxidants
- Superfood powders help improve heart health and blood flow
- Opti-Reds specifically may help with weight management and decreasing inflammation
- Opti-Reds also only has 4 grams of sugar per serving
- Opti-Reds also helps to boost energy, exercise performance, brain function, and metabolism
How to Add more Fruit into your Diet:
- Keep fruit ready to eat and out where you can see it: Keep whole fruit out on your kitchen counter. Put pre-cut fruit in your fridge in an open container
- Go places that remind you to eat fruit, vegetarian restaurants, and smoothie shops are great fruit-forward places
- Add a Red Super Food Powder into your diet
- Make a large fruit salad weekly and finish it by the end of the week.
- Add more fruit to your recipes: salads, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese...use your imagination!
If you have any questions about Eating Enough Fruit or about Supplements like Opti-Reds or any others, I am happy to help! Feel free to reach out to me!