Asparagus & Egg White Casserole
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Heat a medium saute pan, to medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm add the unsalted butter to the pan. Then add the diced shallots to the pan. Allow the shallots to cook for about 2-3 minutes, allowing them to begin to get tender. Be sure to occasionally stir the shallots as they are cooking.
- Once the shallots begin to get soft, add the diced asparagus to the pan. Toss the shallots and asparagus together in the butter and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now that the shallots and asparagus are cooked, add the ricotta cheese to the mixture and stir consistently for about 1 minute. The cheese will begin to melt. Once fully incorporated remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the liquid egg whites. Using a whisk, beat the eggs for about 1 minute. You will notice that the eggs begin to bubble and get frothy. This adds air to the eggs and creates a fluffy casserole.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Add the asparagus, shallot, cheese mixture to the baking dish. Spread the mixture out evenly.
- Top the mixture with the beaten egg whites and toss everything together gently. Just enough to get a little egg mixed into the veggies.
- Place baking dish in oven, on the middle rack and cook for approximately 35 minutes. Until the top has puffed up and become a light golden brown.
- Enjoy with a slice of whole grain bread toasted.
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, many of us fail to make time for breakfast. That is why your should give this asparagus and egg white casserole a try. An easy recipe to meal prep and have ready to eat on the go! In addition, it is a well rounded recipe for those counting macros.
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
Egg Yolk: You could Increase the fat by using complete eggs Instead of egg whites. Each egg yolk has 5 grams of fat.
Cheese: You could also Increase the fat by using a non fat free ricotta cheese.
This Is a low carb recipe and the only way to Increase the carbs would be to add additional Ingredients. If you want to increase the carbs, I would recommend adding a little sauted potato. Cook them with the shallots.
Egg Whites: Is what provides all of the protein In this recipe. You could Increase the amount of egg whites by as much as double In this recipe.
Yes. This recipe can be meal prepped. This recipe will last up to 6 days In the fridge.
Yes, Wrap as Individual serving and they will keep for 4-6 months In the freezer.