Banana Oat Fig Bowl
- Start by peeling your banana and chopping it into smaller chunks.
- Then using a fork smash the banana until you have a creamy consistency
- Now add in your oats and vanilla and mix until evenly distributed
- Next, add a dollop of almond butter. (I like to drizzle my almond butter but that is almost impossible. So I put it in a zip lock bag and trim the corner a little bit and squeeze the peanut butter over the top of the oat and banana mixture.)
- Sprinkle the berries and nuts over top
- Arrange the sliced figs and enjoy!
This Banana Oat Fig Bowl is a great breakfast or snack…really any time of day. And even though figs are only available at the end of summer/beginning of fall, you can still have this recipe any time of year. Simply substitute the figs your for favorite fruit or berry!
Below outlines the items in each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macro goals.
The fat in this recipe comes mainly from the almond butter and nuts. You can easily increase or decrease either to your liking or to meet your specific macro goals.
The carbs in this recipe comes mainly from the banana and oats. There are a lot of carbs in this recipe. So if you are looking to decrease the carbs I would recommend using less banana.
This recipe does not have a ton of Protein but it a great dish after a workout with all the healthy fats and carbs. If you are looking to increase the protein in this recipe I highly recommend adding non-fat greek yogurt. To do this, mix in the yogurt at the beginning when you are adding the oats to the smashed banana.
Yes this recipe is meal prep-able. However the smashed banana will only last 2 days. This recipe is super quick to make so you don’t really need to make it more than one day in advance.
Sorry this recipe is not freezer friendly. Everything will just be mushy and soggy once it is defrosted.