Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (180 grams)
- 30 oz Flank Steak (about 2 large steaks)
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce, Lite (80 milliliters)
- 2 tbsp Honey (30 grams)
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar (15 grams)
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch (30 grams)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil (15 grams)
- 2 heads Broccoli (450 grams)
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic diced, (20 grams)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (4 grams), optional
- ¼ cup Scallions sliced, (25 grams)or (2stalks), optional
- First you will want to start on the rice by: Bringing 2 cup of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the rice, cover with a lid, and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 20 minutes then remove from the heat. Keep covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking you will want to marinate the beef and make the sauce. Cut the steak with the grain, into bite sized strips. Place the cut steak into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine: soy sauce, honey, sugar, corn starch, and sesame oil. Whisk together until the corn starch and sugar has dissolved.
- Now pour ½ of the sauce over the sliced beef. Toss the beef in the sauce to coat, then set aside.
- Fill a large pan with about 1 inch of water, bring that water to boil over medium high heat. Once boiling add the broccoli to the pan. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove the broccoli from the pan. Drain the water from the pan and begin cooking the steak.
- Using the same pan the broccoli was cooked in, turn the heat down to medium and add the sliced steak and sauce the steak was marinating in. Spread the beef into one even layer (you may need to work in two batches to not over crowd the pan), cook for 3 minutes until the steak starts to turn brown. Then flip the steak and sear the other side, about 3 more minutes.
- Once the steak is done, move the steak back to the bowl it was marinated in, leaving the sauce in the pan. Turn the heat down to medium low and add the garlic to the pan. Cook the garlic in the sauce for 1 minute. Stirring the garlic and scraping any stuck on sauce from the bottom of the pan with a heavy spatula.
- After the garlic has cooked for one minute add the steak, broccoli, and additional sauce into the pan. Toss everything together, until evenly coated, and warmed thru. Cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Then serve on top of the rice and garnish with the sliced scallions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
If you are looking for an easy beef and broccoli stir fry recipe that is not only healthy but also better than takeout, look no further! This asian inspired dish hits the nail on the head. Not only is it delicious, but it is a fantastic meal prep recipe…tastes even better reheated the next day! You are going to want to add this recipe to your meal plan this week!
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
Steak: The cut of steak will determine the amount of fat.
Rice: Using more or less rice
Steak: Using more or less or picking a different cut of meat with more protein
Yes. This is a great dinner or lunch for meal prep, and will last In the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes. You can freeze this recipe for up to 6 months In an air tight container. However, I would not freeze the rice, I would cook that fresh Instead of freezing.