Beef Taco Salad
- 16 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Corn drained and rinsed,(about 1, 15 oz can)
- 1 can Reduced Sodium Black Beans drained and rinsed, (about 1, 15 oz can)
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 cups Romaine Lettuce (about 400 grams)
- 3 tbsp Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced, (about 125 grams)
- ¼ Red Onion sliced thin, (about 75 grams)
- 1 Jalapeno sliced, (about 35 grams)
- 1 Avocado sliced thin, (about 150 grams)
- ¼ cup Dubliner Cheese freshly shredded, any white cheddar cheese is fine, (about 35 grams)
- Heat a large stovetop pan to medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the ground beef to the pan. Using a heavy spatula break up the ground beef into smaller pieces.
- Cook the ground beef for about 5 minutes stirring often.
- After 5 minutes add the taco seasoning, corn, black beans, and garlic powder. Stir everything together and cook for another 5 minutes, until the beef is fully cooked and the beans and corn are warm.
- While the beef is cooking toss your romaine lettuce with the dressing. I like to toss my greens with the dressing before plating as this allows the dressing to be evenly distributed, and you can use less dressing.
- Once the beef is done cooking assemble your salad. Start by placing your dressed greens in a bowl, top with your cooked beef, then your red bell pepper, jalapenos, red onion, avocado, and cheese!
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Who says tacos aren’t a macro, this Beef Taco Salad is absolutely delicious and super easy to adjust to meet anyone’s macro goals!
Below outlines the items in each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat in this recipe comes from the beef, avocado, and cheese. The avocado is the easiest to adjust. You can add as little or as much avocado as you want to reach your macro goals. You can also adjust the fat by using a ground beef that is either higher or lower in fat content. For this recipe, I used a 93% lean ground beef.
The carbs in this recipe come from the corn and black beans. Both of which are super easy to adjust to reach your specific macro or calorie goals!
The beef is the protein. Which is very easily increased or decreased. Although you will want to keep an eye on the amount of fat. By making changes to the amount of beef you will also be adjusting the fat.
This like all salad I say are meal prep-able. However, you will want to keep the dressing and the romaine separate until it is time to eat. You can store your beef and all veggies in one container and your dressing and lettuce in a larger container. When its time to eat you can heat up the beef and all other veggies and then toss your salad together in the larger container!
Sort of…You can freeze the beef, corn, and black bean mixture but the rest of the ingredients you will want to use fresh. Which is super simple because there is no cooking of the other ingredients, simply slice and add!