Black Bean Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 4 cups Water
- 6 oz Black Bean Pasta (about 165 grams)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic diced, (about 15 grams)
- 1 Shallot diced, (about 40 grams)
- 16 oz Ground Italian Chicken Sausage
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Oregano
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard thick stems removed, then chopped, (about 125 grams)
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Start by bringing water to a boil. Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook for 8 minutes. Once done, strain and set aside until added into the rest of the recipe.
- While waiting for the water to boil start working on the rest of the dish. Heat a large deep saute pan to medium heat. Once the pan is hot add your oil, garlic, and shallots to the pan. Cook stirring often to prevent burning for about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes add your ground chicken sausage. Using a spatula break up the ground chicken into pea-sized pieces. Season with garlic powder, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Until the chicken is just about cooked through.
- Once the chicken is just about cooked through, add your swiss chard and apple cider vinegar to the pan, combining with the ground chicken.
- By now your pasta should be cooked, add your strained pasta into your large saute pan with the chicken and swiss chard. Stir everything together and then cover with a lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes. This will help the favor to saturate the pasta.
- After 2 minutes the recipe is complete! Serve and enjoy!
If you love pasta but don’t want all the heavy carbs? Then you gotta try this Black Bean Chicken Sausage Pasta! Enjoy pasta with an extra boost of protein, since the pasta is made from black beans instead of flour.
Below outlines the items in each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat in this recipe comes from the oil and the chicken sausage. If you are looking to decrease the fat you could use less oil. If you choose to use no oil, then you will want to cook the garlic and shallots at the same time as the chicken sausage instead of before, so they don’t burn. If you are looking to increase the fat you could use a higher fat chicken sausage.
The carbs in this recipe come mainly from the pasta. Pasta is a super easy ingredient to use more or less of to meet your specific carb macro.
Chicken is a great souse of protein and you can easily adjust the amount of protein in this recipe, by using more or less chicken sausage.
Yes. This recipe can be meal prepped. This recipe will last up to 6 days In the fridge.
No. Unfortunately, black bean pasta is not very good once it has been cooked, frozen, and thawed out, it tends to dry out.