Chicken Pastas w/peas & Asparagus
Chicken Pasta w/Peas & Asparagus
- 35 oz Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast (about 4 large breast)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups Water
- 1¾ cups Pasta Shells (about 168 grams)
- ½ Red Onion diced, (about ½ an onion or 140 grams)
- 2 cups Asparagus chopped, (about 1 bundle or 280 grams)
- 2 cups Frozen Green Peas (about 280 grams)
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 3⅔ cups Creamy Mushroom Soup (about 32 oz)
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling add the pasta to the water. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Once done, remove from the heat and strain the water. Leave the pasta for now, it will be mixed in later.
- While the pasta is cooking: Heat a large deep pan to medium heat. While waiting for the pan to heat up season the chicken with pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately into the pan, leave it there for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…if not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 9 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 9 minutes.
- After 9 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on 9 oz breasts. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.My rule of thumb is, once covered, cook the chicken for 1 minute per ounce per side, I find that this delivers a perfect juicy chicken breast every time.
- Once the chicken is done remove from the pan, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Leaving the heat on medium, add the red onions to the pan. Cook the red onions in the chicken juice for about 3-5 minutes, until most of the juice has been cooked down. Be sure to stir often to prevent burning.
- Now add the cream of mushroom soup to the pan with the onions. Cook the soup with the onions for a few minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, use a fork and knife to shred the chicken into bite sized chunks.
- Now add the chicken, asparagus, and peas to the pan with the cream of mushroom soup and onions. Stir everything together until well combined. Season with the additional pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Turn the heat up slighting and bring the soup to a boil. Cook boiling for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- After 5 minutes, turn the heat to low and add the pasta into the pan. Stir everything together until the pasta is well distributed. Cook for a few additional minutes to warm the pasta thru.
- Serve and enjoy.
Pasta lovers looking for a new recipe that is not only delicious but makes for a great meal prep recipe and are also freezer friendly, look no further! This creamy Chicken Pastas w/peas & Asparagus checks all of the boxes. Add this recipe to your meal plan this week and I can guarantee you will be craving more! Added bonus, notes below the recipe on how you can adjust this meal to meet your macro goals if you are counting macros!
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
Oil: Is the main fat component in the recipe adjusting the oil will adjust the fat.
Pasta: Using more or less pasta
Chicken: Chicken Is a great lean cut of meat, providing most of the protein In this recipe. You could adjust the amount of chicken used. You could also use chicken thighs If you want to Increase the fat.
Yes. This is a great dinner or lunch for meal prepping, and will last In the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes. You can freeze this recipe for up to 6 months In an air tight container.
Leave a Comment