Chicken Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic diced, (10 grams)
- ¼ Yellow onion diced, (50 grams)
- 1 Jalapeno diced, (20 grams or 1 pepper)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 2 tsp Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano
- ½ tsp Reduced Sodium Chicken Base (optional, but adds extra flavor)
- 6 oz 98% Lean Ground Chicken
- ½ tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Large Whole Eggs
- 4 Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
- 80 grams Dubliner Cheese white cheddar cheese, sliced, (1 slice per sandwich)
- Heat a large stove top pan to medium heat.
- While the pan is warming, combine: garlic, onion, jalapeno, black pepper, red pepper, cholula, chicken base, oregano, and ground chicken in a medium bowl. Mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Separate the chicken mixture into 4 balls and then flatten each ball out to ¼ inch thick patties.
- Add the oil to the pan. Then place each chicken sausage patty in the pan. Cook on medium for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. The patties will be a golden brown on both sides when they are done.
- While the patties are cooking, cook your eggs. I like to use round molds, or biscuit cutters to keep the egg in a nice circle shape, but this is not necessary.To cook the eggs, heat a large stove top pan to medium high heat, spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then crack each egg into the pan (in your molds if you have them). Cooking the eggs on high heat will help prevent them from spreading too much.
- Cook the eggs for about 3 minutes on the first side. The egg whites should look just about cooked thru. Then flip and turn the heat down to low, cook on the other side for 1-3 minutes. 1 minute your a soft yolk, 3 minutes for a harder yolk. Cook to your desired doneness.
- By now your chicken sausage patties should be done and you can assemble your sandwiches. Bottom half of the english muffin, then your chicken sausage patty, topped with a slice or two of your white cheddar cheese, then your cooked egg, finish will your other half of the english english muffin.
- Serve and enjoy, or wrap in parchment paper and save to eat throughout the week. It Is best to assemble the sandwiches and toast the entire thing right before eating, either In the toaster oven, or microwave.
Who needs fast food breakfast when you can make these easy and delicious breakfast sandwiches at home. Make enough for the week, then in 30 seconds, you have a warm, healthy, and delicious spicy chicken sausage breakfast sandwich. Meal prep these this week and if you counting macros, you can easily make adjustments to fit your macro goals.
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat In this recipe comes from a few different things and will be hard to reduce. However if you want to increase the fat, you could use a higher fat content chicken Instead of the 98% lean.
The main source of carbs In this recipe Is from the english muffin. You could choose to us a bagel, or bread Instead to adjust the carbs.
The protein In this recipe comes form the chicken, You could Increase the protein by using more ground chicken and Increasing the size of your patties.
Yes this recipe Is meal prep-able, and will last up to 5 days In the fridge.
Yes, these are great wrapped In parchment paper, then In zip lock bags and frozen.