Flutter Kicks or scissor kicks work your lower abdominal muscles as well we your hip flexors.
Flutter Kick Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert: All fitness levels will use body weight only. Beginners might need to take more breaks, but the goal Is to complete the entire set.
- Lie on your back and extend your legs up to a 25 – 45 degree angle.
- Keep your arms straight and In line with the floor, palms facing down.
- Lift your head, neck and shoulders slightly off the ground.
- Keeping your legs straight and glued together with your toes pointed raise your legs off the ground 10-12 inches.
- Focusing on keeping your core engaged. Start by lowering one leg, moving the foot slightly under the other foot. Then return to the starting position. Now do the same with the other leg, creating a crisscross C shaped movement.
That is one rep. Complete the number of recommended reps.