Keto Mexican One Pot Meal
- ½ Yellow Onion diced, (about 150 grams, or ½ onion)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced, (about 175 grams, or 1 pepper)
- 1 Pablano Pepper sliced, (about 65 grams, or 1 pepper)
- Serrano Pepper sliced, (about 15 grams, or 1 pepper)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Reduced Sodium Black Beans (about 400 grams, or 1, 15oz can)
- 1 can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes (about 400 grams, or 1, 15oz can)
- 20 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (brand: McCormicks, but any brand will do)
- 1 cup Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the oil, onion and all peppers to the pan. Cook the peppers and onions for 5 minutes, stirring often. Until they begin to soften.
- Then add the ground beef and taco seasoning to the pan. Using a heavy spoon or spatula break up the ground beef into small bite sized chunks.
- Once the beef is broken up add the black beans and tomatoes.
- Cook the beef with the peppers, onions, beans and tomatoes for about 6-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the beef is cooked thru add the cream cheese to the mixture. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and is well combined. This will only take a few minutes.
- Once the cream cheese is melted the dish is finished.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and enjoy. Or portion out into meal prep containers to enjoy later.
Working for home means a lot more cooking at home. But who has time to take breaks to cook thrughout the work day? I know I don’t, and that is why I am still meal prepping. In fact my meal plan this weekend was actually all freezer meals that way if I don’t get to them I dont have to worry about them going bad. Additional, it allowed me to stock up on extra meals in the event I get sick. This keto Mexican one pot meal is a fantastic meal prep/freezer friendly recipe. It is also great for anyone counting macros as the ingredients are super easy to adjust!
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat In this recipe comes from the beef and the cream cheese. If you wanted to Increase the fat In this recipe Increasing the amount of cream cheese would be the easiest. However you could also choose a higher fat ground beef Instead of using the 93% lean.
The carbs In this recipe comes from all the veggies, Increasing or decreasing the amount of veggies Is very easy.
The beef Is the protein. Increase or decreasing the amount of beef that Is In this recipe will adjust the amount of protein.
Yes this recipe Is meal prep-able, and will last up to 6 days In the fridge.
Yes, this meal Is an outstanding freezer friendly recipe and will keep In the freezer for up to 6 months.