Kickbacks will kick your butt! They are an outstanding glute workout, one of my all time favorites!
Kick Back Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate: Use the heaviest resistance fitness band around your ankles
- Expert: Use the heaviest resistance fitness band around your ankles and another around the lower part of your thigh, just above your knee
1. Place a resistance band around your ankles.
2. Place your hands on your hips, tighten your core and bend at the hips slightly.
3. Then kick your right leg back 8 – 18 inches, keeping your leg straight, pushing through your heel.
4. Return your right foot to the starting position, keeping the band tight.
That is one rep. Complete all reps on this leg, then switch and complete all reps on the other side.