Lemon Feta Asparagus
- Heat a large stovetop pan to medium heat.
- Add your ¾ cup water to the pan with your asparagus. You will steam the asparagus until the water is gone, this will take about 6-8 minutes at medium heat. Toss the asparagus every 2 minutes to prevent burning and ensure even cooking.
- Once the water is gone, turn the heat to low. Then add your butter to the pan and season your asparagus with salt, pepper, and juice from half of your lemon.
- Toss the asparagus in the seasoning and butter until the butter has melted and the asparagus is coated.
- Plate your asparagus, then top with diced chives, crumbled feta, and lemon slices.
If you are looking for the best way to cook asparagus then look no further than this Lemon Feta Asparagus. Taking your basic asparagus and turning it up just a notch!
Asparagus reheats extremely fast, you only need about 30 seconds in the microwave or about 2 minutes on the stove. Overcooking asparagus will leave it limp and mushy!
Asparagus will last in the fridge up to 6 days.
You can freeze cooked asparagus, however, I would recommend slightly undercooking it if you know for sure it is going to be a freezer recipe as that will help it from getting mushy. Also, be sure to allow it to cool completely before freezing.