One-Arm Row engages far more than just your arm. The One Arm Row works your entire back, shoulders as well as your arms.
One Arm Row Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert: All levels will want to use dumbbells. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that Is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
- Put your left knee on a bench, table, or chair and grab the far side with your left hand.
- Then bend over so your upper body is parallel with the ground.
- Reach down and pick up the dumbbell in your right hand, (palm facing you). Then hold it with your arm extending, keeping your back straight.
- Bring the dumbbell up to your chest, concentrating on lifting it with your back and shoulder muscles rather than your arms. Keep your chest still as you lift.
- At the top of the movement, squeeze your shoulder and back muscles.
- Lower the dumbbell slowly until your arm is fully extended again.
This is one Rep. Do all reps on your right side, then switch and complete this same movement on your left-side.