Sweet Potato w/Chicken Hash
- 6 Large Whole Eggs
- ½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Sweet Potato diced, (300 grams or 1-3 potatoes depending on size)
- 1 Serrano Pepper diced, (15 grams)
- ½ Yellow Onion diced, (50 grams)
- ½ Orange Bell Pepper diced, (50 grams)
- ¾ Red Bell Pepper diced, (75 grams)
- 3 links Cajun Chicken Sausage, O Organics diced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ⅓ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅓ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Parsley roughly chopped (optional)
- Fill a medium pot with about 4 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling add the 6 eggs to the pot. Make sure that the eggs are covered by the water. Cook for 6 minutes to have a soft boiled egg.
- While the eggs are cooking dice the potato, peppers, and onions.
- Once the eggs have cooked for 6 minutes remove them from the water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. While the eggs are cooling cook your veggies.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, add the oil to the pan with the sweet potatoes. Cook the sweet potatoes in the oil for about 3 minutes, tossing every minute or so. Then add the peppers and onions to the pan with the potatoes.
- Season the veggies with the pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Stir the veggies together. add the diced sausage, and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender and the peppers have softened.
- Plate, then sprinkle fresh parsley over top.
- Crack the eggs gently, and peel off the shell. Cut the eggs in half when it's time to serve. The yolk should be nice and creamy. If meal prepping wait to cut the egg until after you have reheated the recipe.
Taking breakfast on the go to another level! If you are looking for a meal prep breakfast for the week, look no further. You are going to want to add this sweet potato with chicken sausage hash to your meal plan. If you are counting macros you are going to love how easy this recipe is to adjust to fit your macros!
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat In this recipe comes form the egg yolk, chicken sausage, and oil. You can easily adjust the fat by using more or less egg yolks. But also easily adjust by using a sausage with more or less fat. The sausage In this recipe has 3 grams f fat per link.
The sweet potatoes make up the majority of the cabs In this recipe which means increasing or decreasing the carbs Is very easy.
Is coming from both the egg whites and the chicken sausage. Increasing or decreasing either woudl adjust your macros.
Yes. This recipe can be meal prepped. This hash will last up to 6 days.
Yes this recipe Is freezer friendly.