Monthly Member Challenge!
Start the year off with DRY JANUARY!!!!!
That's right I said DRY January. In case you don't know what dry January is, dry January is an entire month of NO alcohol. You may think that I am crazy, or you may think that is not a problem at all because you don't drink. But for those of you that do drink, trust me you can do this. Dry January is a fantastic way to start the new year. It allows you to start the year with a clean body and mind, fresh and ready for the rest of the year.
Dry January: How can dry January impact your life?
- You'll sleep better
- Your waistline will shrink
- You may be in a better mood
- You'll have a stronger immune system
- You will save money
- Your skin will look brighter
- You'll have a new relationship with alcohol
How to implement Dry January:
- Break up your routine: When you are used to coming home and pouring a glass of wine or cracking open a beer. Train yourself to do something different that you enjoy. Typically, the need for that end-of-the-day drink is stress-related. So, take some time to yourself, go to your room, lay down on the bed and close your eyes, focus on your breath, and listen to an audiobook, or a guided meditation.
- Start a New Workout Regimen: The 10-minute core video is perfect for this. The 10 minutes that you spend working on your core will take your mind off that end-of-the-day drink. You'll also feel so good about working out you won't want that cocktail anymore!
- Recruit a friend. That's right, bring a friend along with you for a dry January. Someone that can hold you accountable and vice versa.
- Start journaling before you begin. Every time you think about drinking during the month of January reach for your journal. If you don't have anything to write about, simply write about how you feel: Your energy levels, how are you sleeping, how's your gut health, have you noticed any improvements to your hair, nails, or skin. This will help you better understand how the lack of alcohol in your system is actually improving your body.
To learn more about alcohol click the button below to read my post: Effect of Alcohol, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Macros!
This is it, the beginning of the year, let's start off on the right foot, pushing ourselves every day to be just a little bit better, a little bit more active, and a little bit stronger. You can do this challenge, I believe in you! And I will be right there beside you, putting in the work, doing Dry January with you!
Have some fun with it, share your challenge on Instagram and tag me: @adashofmacros share what you're doing instead of having a glass of wine. Whatever it is, I would love to hear from you and see you working your way through this challenge this month!
Living your Longest, Strongest, Healthiest Life, both Mentally and Physically!