Monthly Member Challenge!
I hope everyone enjoyed January's challenge; I know I'm ready for a glass of wine!
Breakfast...The Most Important Meal of the Day!
Let's focus on starting your day off right...with breakfast!
For the month of February, we are going to focus on the good habit of having breakfast every single morning, no matter how busy we might be!
For my overachievers, I would like you to aim for 45 grams of protein with every breakfast!
Breakfast: Why is it the most important meal of the day?
- Breakfast sets the healthy tone for the day
- Breakfast wakes up your metabolism and provides your body and brain with fuel, that’s why many call it Break-Fast
- Starting your day with breakfast replenishes your supply of glucose to boost your energy levels and alertness
- Studies have shown the eating breakfast can improve your memory and concentration levels
- Eating breakfast has long term health benefits, reducing obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes
What is considered Breakfast and what is the Objective?
- Breakfast should be eaten every day!
- Breakfast should be eaten within 2 hours of waking up.
- A healthy breakfast should provide you with 20-30% of your daily calorie allowance.
- Breakfast should provide you with some much-needed nutrients. A meal high in calcium, iron, B vitamins, fiber, and protein is a great way to start your day!
To learn more about why breakfast is important and see my favorite members-only breakfast recipes click below!
Have some fun with this month's challenges, share your challenge in the Facebook group and on Instagram and tag me: @adashofmacros Take a photo of your breakfast and share it with the group! Let's see how many different Breakfast Protein options we can come up with this month!
Learning to live a healthier lifestyle together, never getting bored with our food or fitness while reaching our goals!