Monthly Member Challenge!
I hope everyone enjoyed February's challenge; I know I love starting my day off with breakfast, and I hope each of you are now in the habit of waking up and starting the morning off on the right foot, activating your metabolism!
Before we dive into March's challenge, I wanted to let you know that I actually created 2 meal plans this month!!!! This means that you now have access to 3 completely different meal plans! If you haven't seen them click here to go directly to the new meal plan page!
If you have followed any of the meal plans and I would love to hear from you and know what think? How do you like the layout? Is there anything you would like to see changed or added?
You can download a PDF version of each meal plan below!
This PDF provides you with additional tips for prepping this meal plan, as well as a shopping list, and a printed version of each recipe! All underlined items are clickable links!
Now onto this month's challenge!
This month we are going to focus on Meditation and Stress Management
- Each day I want you to spend 10 minutes for yourself, no social media and no TV. Take 10 minutes to sit back or lay down, find a comfortable position, close your eyes and take a few long deep breaths in and out.
- Focus on your breathing, feel each breath come in through your nose down through your lungs, and pull it down into your belly. Hold the breath in your belly for a few seconds, and then release the breath through your mouth. Do this for 10 minutes and try to focus on nothing except your breath.
- If you find your mind wandering into your work, or family, or what you need to do later, pull your thoughts back into your breath.
This is going to be harder to do than it sounds, but you can do it. Finding time to step away from LIFE and everything it throws at us is so important for mental health. Do this every single day for the month of March and I can guarantee you, you will find yourself feeling more relaxed and able to handle anything this world throws your way!
Life is stressful, and some of us handle stress a little better than others and that is why it is so important to learn how to manage stress. Identify when you are feeling overwhelmed and take a moment to address it.
- When you feel stress or that overwhelming feeling I want you to stop what you are doing for 1 minute. Close your eyes, take a few long deep breaths in, and slowly let them out.
- After 1 minute of focusing on breathing, think about what is causing you stress or that overwhelmed feeling. Is there anything you can do to make the situation less stressful? Can you ask for help? Can you delegate the task to someone else? Is it even important...do you really have to do it? Is there someone you can talk to about it, talking always helps alleviate stress!
- Taking this minute or two to breathe, think, and step away from what is causing you stress and that overwhelming feeling will leave you feeling so much better and more in control.
This Months Workout Circuit:
30 Lower Body & Core Circuit
- Add this circuit to your training program 1 time per week
- 10 Concentration Curls
- 10 Overhead Tricep Extensions
- 10 Side Raises
- 10 Shoulder Press
- 10 Floor Press
- 20 Flutter Kicks
- 30 Bicycle Crunch
- 15 Leg Pull-Ins
Complete each movement as quickly as possible, working your way through all 8 workouts. At the end of each round, you may take a 2-minute rest, then immediately jump back into the next round!
Have some fun with this month's challenges, share your challenge on Instagram and tag me: @adashofmacros Take a video of yourself doing the workouts, grab a selfie at the end all sweaty, share how your meditation went. Whatever it is, I would love to hear from you and see you working your way through this month's challenge!
Learning to live a healthier lifestyle together, never getting bored with our food or fitness while reaching our goals!