Monthly Member Challenge!
One mile a day for 30 days!
You can run it or you can walk it, but I want you to challenge yourself. Maybe at the beginning of the month your walking, but increase your speed just a little bit every day, maybe by the end of the month you're running your fastest mile ever!
A little story:
This is the third September in a row that I am doing this challenge. The first time I did it, it was right before I sold my house, there were 30 days till close and the weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold, so I figured why not do it! But then I realized that September is honestly the best month weather-wise in most of the US so I figured it would be a great challenge for my members on an annual basis!
Know that, I am NOT a runner by any means. In fact, I actually used to be a smoker, before I lost my mother to lung cancer 5 years ago. I enjoyed working out but I never ran. So let me tell you how proud I was at the end of the 30 days. Sticking to it, getting a tiny bit better every single day, watching my time improve, feeling better with each run, being able to breathe a little better on each run. It was exciting. I went from despising running to actually enjoying it.
Since then I have continued running, however, it is still not my favorite thing to do, walking on the other hand I love...I could walk for days! But I have continued to improve. I don't run every day, maybe twice a week, and I never run very far. However, I am super excited to see how my time has improved this year!
Did you know: Running 10-15 minutes every single day can increase your life span, and actually make you happier? Running has been proven to boost your energy level, mood, and beat those Monday blues.
Running has also shown to:
- Improve sleep
- Increase brain function helping with concentration and memory
- Improves your overall mood
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lower the risk of developing cancer
- Reduce the risk of death from heart attacks and stroke
- Reduce the risk of neurological diseases: Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Burns calories
- Strengthens your joints
- Relieves stress
- Improves your bone strength
- Running may help with an anxiety disorder or panic attacks
Feel free to have some fun with it:
- Listen to your favorite upbeat music
- Wear a funny outfit
- Use it as a reason to buy a new pair of shoes
- Share with me on social media
- Invite a friend to join the challenge with us, you can run together or just tag each other after a run
Join me in this month's challenge, get out there and move 1 mile a day every single day. Take a picture, track your time, tag me on social media using @adashofmacros and #1mileadaychallenge!
Learning to live a healthier lifestyle together, never getting bored with our food, while reaching our goals!