Turkey Kale & Green Beans
Turkey Kale & Green Beans
- 20 oz 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper sliced (115 grams or 1 medium bell pepper)
- ½ Red Onion sliced (30 grams, or ½ small red onion)
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced (30 grams or 1 pepper)
- 1 cup Kale chopped (50 grams)
- 1 cup Fresh Green Beans trimmed (120 grams)
- 1 packet Taco Skillet Sauce Red Chili (brand: Frontera)
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tbsp Garlic Powder
- Heat a large deep pan with a lid to medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp oil to the hot pan, then add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno.
- Cook the onion and peppers for about 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, continuing to stir frequently.
- After the peppers and onions have soften a bit remove the pepper, onion, and garlic mixture from the pan and place in a small bowl to use for later.
- Now add the remaining oil and ground turkey to the pan, season with black pepper and garlic powder. Using a heavy spatula or spoon chop up the turkey in the pan, stirring around and breaking up into small pea size chunks.
- Cook the turkey until almost finished, about 8 minutes, until most of the pink color has turned to a whitish color. Then add the red chili taco sauce, and chopped kale to the pan.
- Stir everything together until the kale and taco sauce is evenly distributed. Top the turkey kale mixture withe the green beans, but do not stir the green beans into the mixture. Cover with a lid and turn the temp down a little, to medium low heat. Cook covered for 7 minutes. This is long enough for the taco seasoning to saturate the turkey, wilt the kale, and for the green beans to steam on top of the turkey.
- Remove the lid after 7 minutes and add the pepper/onion mixture back into the pan. Toss everything together and cook for another 2 minutes, just long enough to warm the peppers and onions back up.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you are like me your time is valuable and spending too much time in the kitchen just isn’t an option. That is where this super flavorful Turkey with Kale and Green Bean One Pot Recipe comes in extremely handy. It can be cooked in under 30 minutes, and it only requires the use of one-pot…Easy to cook and even EASIER to clean up!
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes, I have it in my personal meal plan at least once every other week. If you are looking for a new Low Carb Recipe that is not only easy to make but tastes amazing you are going to want to try this recipe. I promise you, you will love it as much as I do!
Below outlines the Items In each macro group that are easily adjustable to meet your specific macros.
The fat In this recipe Is mainly from the turkey. However, If you wanted to Increase the fat contents of this recipe you could choose a less lean ground turkey.
This Is a low carb recipe, If you are looking to Increase the carbs In this recipe, you could serve this dish with some rice.
The protein In this recipe comes from the Turkey, an easy Ingredient to Increase or decrease to adjust the protein.
Yes, this recipe Is meal prep-able and will last up to 6 days In the fridge.
Yes, this a great freezer-friendly recipe and will last up to 6 months.
Leave a Comment