Wall Balls are a total body exercise, working multiple muscle groups at the same time.
Wall Balls Modifications
Based on Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate, Expert: Using the heaviest medicine ball without sacrificing form.
- Hold the ball in your hands, palms up, your body facing the wall, about 2 feet away from the wall, legs hip-width apart.
- Hold the ball at chest height, tucking your elbows into your sides.
- Engage your core and squeeze the ball.
- Begin moving down into a squat position, while keeping the ball at chest level. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Then drive your body up pushing through your knees, tossing the ball at a vertical target about 8-12 feet high. Against the wall or just Into the air.
- Keeping your arms extended. Catch the ball as it comes back down into your hands lowering it back down to your chest.
That is one rep. Complete the number of recommended reps.